l i b é l u l a

blogging about: my life as a new mum, living in NYC, wishing for things I can’t afford, borrowing from NYPL, where to get the best deals in town, sharing resources and other cool stuff, wanting to make time to make things, listening to NPR, quilting, sewing, cooking, singing, whistling, cycling, watching films, being hooked to the web and loving my family…

Saturday, December 24, 2005

cheeks at the beach


cachetes en la playa 2
Originally uploaded by rosa bella coco coffey.

We are down in sunny FL enjoying the nicer weather and not missing NJ/NYC a bit. In fact, I am dreading having to go back and face inhuman temperatures of below 60 degrees F. As I recently told a friend (who has it much worse winter wise since he lives in Romania (god love him)) winter in NYC “is very cold for this southern beau who dreams of sand, beaches, lakes, rivers, swimming togs and flip flops”.

My brother's building has a swimming pool overlooking the bay and just a few blocks away from the beach. We hang out there on the afternoons and enjoy the sun and the view.

I must admit that I missed NY for a split of a second once and that was when I went to buy papaya at “Wild Oats”, South Beach’s version of Whole Foods, and I heard Dean Martin’s voice singing “Let it snow”. The Christmas feeling is just so much nicer over there; the snowmen and the Santas look out of place here while they look so at home in New York……here one could never have “chestnuts roasting on an open fire”……. I missed NY then, but as I stepped outside the store, wearing my flip flops and my swim suit underneath (mind you, everyone here is wearing winter boots???) I realized that if I have to face 6 months of cold I should really be dreaming of a warm Christmas….. and that is exactly what I am doing!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home