l i b é l u l a

blogging about: my life as a new mum, living in NYC, wishing for things I can’t afford, borrowing from NYPL, where to get the best deals in town, sharing resources and other cool stuff, wanting to make time to make things, listening to NPR, quilting, sewing, cooking, singing, whistling, cycling, watching films, being hooked to the web and loving my family…

Saturday, January 21, 2006

house cleaning

When I was younger I used to read loads….sooo much more than I do know… I did not have a baby then and I did not have broadband either…... while I read I used to keep a diary where I wrote quotes that I liked, the meaning of new words and/or moments that touched me…. today, while cleaning up, I came across one of those journals and I found a quote that moved me, specially considering how fast my baby is growing….. the quote is from “The Sheltering Sky” - Paul Bowles.

Because we don’t know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that is so deeply part of your being that you can’t conceive your life without it. Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that.
How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.

1 Comments:

At January 23, 2006 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your selection. I wish I lived close to the park in question

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home