l i b é l u l a

blogging about: my life as a new mum, living in NYC, wishing for things I can’t afford, borrowing from NYPL, where to get the best deals in town, sharing resources and other cool stuff, wanting to make time to make things, listening to NPR, quilting, sewing, cooking, singing, whistling, cycling, watching films, being hooked to the web and loving my family…

Friday, January 27, 2006

With a little help from her friends


I found out this week that a dear friend of mine was facing cancer again. She underwent surgery about a year ago, three months after she gave birth to her first son Leif. My heart goes out to her and I want to do as much as I can to help her raise funds for her treatment.

If you are in or around NYC tomorrow and you feel like some funky live music please join us:

'With a Little Help from My Friends, A benefit for Valentina Akerman's Cancer Treatment'

When: THIS Saturday Jan 28th, 8PM
What: A great night with a big line up of Bands and DJs featuring Artanker Convoy, Blood on the Wall, The Hong Kong, The Jewish, A magical act by Marco the Magician DJs Silkpurse, Reaganomics, Black OPs, Corduroy, JJJ and much more.
Where: Supreme Trading in Williamsburg 213 N. 8th St. 718-599-4224
Who: you and everyone you know to help raise money for Valentina Akerman's cancer treatment

Come out and celebrate LIFE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home